A pet is an extension of most people's families, they are not just a dog or a cat but another child, brother, sister and are most times treated that way. However, pets tend to have frequent accidents and sometimes you may never even realize until days later if you have carpeting. When your pet has an accident on your floors do your best to clean and disinfect the area the best you can, but over time this can cause unsightly stains on your floors. After a while it may be necessary for you to seek out professional services to try and restore your floors from the damage of pet stains.
Pet Stains Effect On Floors:
Pets can cause damage to hardwood floors in a number of ways. They can scratch the floors as the run across them and if the relieve themselves on your hardwood floors the damage can be more noticeable. Pet stains can leave dark spots or sometimes white spots on many hardwood floors. This can also leave behind a foul odor that is hard to cover up and get rid of. Removing pet stains from hardwood floors can be a lot of work that extends beyond a typical mop up or scrub down. For those dark stains or white damaged areas you may want to consider repolishing the floors, sanding out the stain and refinished the floor to completely eliminate any trace of the stain from your hardwood floors.
For carpets unnoticed pet accidents can also create a long lasting odor that almost never quickly goes away. Pet stains can leave your carpet with spots and can be a breeding ground for bacteria and germs if not treated properly. It is always best to try and absorb the pet stains as quickly as possible and to use a special cleaning solution that can help reduce the smell left behind.
It is crucial for you to be able to properly remove the odor from an area that your pet may have relieved themselves on because failure to do so will only result in repeated accidents. Since pets tend to go in the same spots to relieve themselves if any trace of their prior visit still lingers in the flooring or carpeting you can be sure that they will end up going there again.
Why You Should Hire A Professional Cleaning Service For Pet Stain Removal From Your Floors?
You can attempt to clean pet stains from your floors yourself using a number of methods but may be better off hiring a trusted and reliable floor cleaning service. It can ensure that your floors are treated properly and will result in the least amount of damage to the floors. Many floor cleaning services offer specialized pet cleaning and odor removal services. This can mean working with knowledgeable individuals who can not only ensure your floors will be rid of the pet stain but can reduce the risk of your pets staining the flooring again. When considering hiring a professional cleaning services to remove pet stains from your floors there are few key things you should look for when choose a company.
Though there are many companies that offer specialized floor cleaning services you will want ensure they can provide specific pet stain and odor removal services.
- Choose a cleaning service that use a hot water extraction method. This is one of the most effective ways to clean any carpet especially those with stains that penetrate deep into the floor, like pet stains.
- Only choose a company that utilizes a truck mounted system. There will be many that have large mobile vacuum units but a unit that is mounted to the truck can more efficiently remove the odor from your home.
- You want to make sure the cleaning service is aware of the pet odor so they can properly treat and remove it from the floors.
- Know what kind of products the company uses especially if you are concerned for health risk to your pets. Most cleaning products can be harmful and for your pets especially who spend a lot of time on the floors this can be even more hazardous.
- Do your research prior to just choosing a company. Take the time to read reviews and see what others say about the service they received.
- Go with a cleaning service that is insured and licensed. A licensed company will provide a better quality of service and follow guidelines set in place for proper cleaning service.
How Can You Prevent Your Pets From Staining Your Floors?
Once you have your carpets and flooring newly restored you will want to take some precautionary measures to reduce the risk of your pets causing further stains on the floors. Although accidents do happen these tips can help limit them.
- Be sure your pet is getting enough attention.
- Try not to leave your pet home alone for long periods of time which can result in nervousness that causes accidents.
- You may want to consider using a crate for your pet when you leave the house.
- Use a protectant on your floors or carpet which can help repel pet stains.
- If it is an older pet you may want to take them to a vet to be assured there is no health problems they may be having.
- For dogs, let them out 30 minutes after they have eaten and watch to make sure they go if you just let them out in a fenced in yard.
- You may want to consider putting down plastic sheeting on your floors temporarily, especially if you have a newer pet or a younger puppy or kitten in the home.
A pet can bring so many joys to your home but they can also cause a good amount of damage to your floors. Take some extra step to try and reduce the risk of accidents in your home and when needed take the time to research a creditable cleaning services for your floors.